- Neither the seats will increase in AKTU this year, nor the new branch will open, there is no relief from the Supreme Court.
- The appeal of the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) administration has been rejected by the Supreme Court. Now the university administration will not be able to open any new branch in the colleges.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) has not got relief from the Supreme Court in the matter of new affiliation for session 2023-24. In such a situation, neither the seats will increase nor new branches will be opened in the colleges affiliated to the university this year.
- According to the decision given earlier by the Supreme Court and the academic calendar of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the affiliation process for the new session was to be completed by July 31. But the university administration could not complete this process within the stipulated time due to various reasons. After this, the university went to the Supreme Court to give relief in the matter. But there the appeal of the university was rejected. The university administration will now be able to take admission in its colleges, but this year it will not give green signal to open any new branch and increase seats.
90 colleges had applied:
- According to the information, about 90 colleges in AKTU had applied for seat increase and starting new branch in the new session. Now they have to wait for next year.
- AKTU Vice Chancellor Prof. JP Pandey says that information has been received from the Supreme Court about not getting relief in the matter of affiliation.
- Waiting for the copy of the court’s decision. In the absence of relief from there, we will not take a decision to open new branches and increase seats.
Admission process will start soon:
- Vice Chancellor Prof. JP Pandey said that the university administration will speed up the counseling process this week after completing other admission process. On behalf of the university, the registration process for other courses from JEE merit and BTech and CUET merit was started from July 24 and 28. It was extended twice to August 20 due to the unclear position on affiliation.
More Related to AKTU News: Click Now
In Hindi: Click